The following local contraindications will not prevent treatment but your therapist will avoid the contraindicated area:
- Eye infections e.g. Conjunctivitis, Styes/Hordolea, Cysts
- Skin Disorders e.g Active Acne, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Herpes Simplex (cold sores), Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea
- Keloid Scars
- Telangiectsia (broken capillaries)
- Raised Moles, Warts, Skin Tags
- Cuts, Bruises, Abrasions
Please seek medical advice prior to booking a Gel nail treatment if you have any of the following. Medical permission in writing would need to be obtained:
- Undiagnosed lumps and swellings
Please do not book for a Microdermabrasion treatment if you currently have any of the following:
- Auto-immune disease
- "Roaccutane" Treatment
- Grade 4 Acne
PRE TREATMENT ADVICE
- Please let your therapist know if you are currently taking any medication and what it is.
- Please let us know at the time of booking if you have recently had Botox/dermal fillers or Laser treatments
- Do not wear heavy make-up for 12 hours
- No swimming, facial waxing or fake tan application for 24 hours
- No sauna, sun beds, or sun exposure. No botox, collagen injections or dermal fillers for 48 hours
- Do not use any anti-aging creams, AHAs, glycolics, retinol, or exfoliating products for 72 hours
AT ALL TIMES
During a course of microdermabrasion SPF 15 minimum must be applied and exposure to UV should be avoided.
Regular moisturiser applications are vital to replenish moisture and prevent the skin from becoming dry and peeling.
If skin feels hot, splash with cold water, pat dry and moisturise regularly with a gentle, hydrating moisturiser.
Skin may appear red after treatment, this is perfectly normal and any redness will generally subside within 72 hours.
- If you have any problems with your treatment please contact us.