The following local contraindications will not prevent treatment but your therapist will avoid the contraindicated area:
- Recent Body Piercing or Tattoos
- Pigmentation Disorders/patches
Please seek medical advice prior to booking a Spray tan treatment if you have any of the following:
- Respiratory problems
- Botox, Fillers and recent cosmetic procedures
- Active Acne
Please do not book for a Spray tan treatment if you currently have any of the following:
- Skin disorders (Eczema, Dermatitis, Psoriasis)
- Recent heat treatment (waxing, electrolysis, Sauna, steam room)
PRE TREATMENT ADVICE
- You MUST receive a patch test at least 24hrs prior to your Fake Bake treatment.
- Do not use any other self-tanning products 1 week before treatment.
- Wax or shave at least 24 hours prior to treatment.
- On the day of your spray tan treatment do NOT wear any make-up, deodorant, perfume, body oils or lotions as these may react with the tanning agents in Fake Bake.
- wear loose, dark clothing, sandals or flip flops to your treatment.
Immediately after your tan:
- wear loose, dark clothing
- keep skin completely dry, avoid water contact
- Do not apply any products over the developing tan
- Allow tan to develop for at least 4-6 hours (excluding 60 minutes which can be washed off after 1 hour)
- Avoid other beauty/hair treatments whilst your tan is developing
- Avoid activities that make you perspire
- Be careful when drinking hot beverages as hot cup can strip colour from around your mouth. Toothpaste can also strip colour while your tan develops
After your tan has developed:
- Rinse off any remaining guide colour with warm/hot water. Once the water runs clear gently wash yourself with a mild soap
- Avoid products that contain alpha hydroxy acids (AHA's) as they can strip colour
- Avoid swimming pools as Chlorine will prematurely fade your tan
- If you have any problems with your treatment please contact us.